radio appeared dead. No display illumination or audio. No difference
using the on-device buttons or the remote control buttons.
It does have the condition when power is removed a "pop" is heard from the speakers.
This is model AWR1-1W. Research says to replace the device at location Q4. That part replaced - it works!
Bose Wave Radio
|1) Four screws to open the chassis
2) Gentle pull to disconnect two cables from the top chassis at the circuit board
3) Four screws to remove the transformer
4) Gentle pull to disconnect two transformer leads at the circuit board
5) Remove the transformer from the chassis
6) Remove the circuit board from the chassis
This is what we have. The red circle is the Q4 location - bad part (top left in this photo), already removed.